We’re looking for groups of 14-18-year-olds from across the UK, who are up for taking part in a new piece of research called ‘Translating God’.*
*Yes, it’s about God, but you don’t have to believe in God or be a Christian to take part…
What's it about?
The Christian faith has been around a long time, and throughout history the story of God has been translated, so that it makes sense to groups of people in different cultures, and with different languages. We want to understand what it’s like to be a young person in 2021, and how the Christian faith might need to be translated once more, so that it makes sense to young people in their own culture.
Maybe you’re part of a church – maybe you’ve never thought about faith before in your life. Either way, we’d love you to be involved.
- You’d come to two sessions that each last for about 90 minutes each – one over the autumn of 2021 and the second one in spring 2022.
- Most groups will be online, but if we can come and see you in person we will!
- In the first session we’d be exploring what it’s like to be a teenager right now, the good, the bad, and everything in-between.
- In the second session we’ll share some ideas from the Christian faith with you and ask you to give us your honest reaction.
- We’d record the sessions, and all the information is anonymised. We’ll use what we learn to write a research report – but no one would know you took part.
- The final thing you need to know is that we’ll give you a £10 voucher after each session, to say thank you for your time.
By taking part, you’ll be helping us understand how Christian faith relates to young people’s lives. We think that by listening to you, churches will learn more about how to welcome and make space for young people – whoever they are and wherever they’re from.
To get involved, talk to the youth worker who told you about the project. They’ll be setting up the group and can show you how to give your consent to take part.
There is a bit more detail in the information sheet, which you can download here, so take a read and get in touch if you have any questions.