We're so excited to welcome you to the first ever Satellites event!
Everyone coming to Satellites will need to have booked a ticket – whether you’re a young person, a leader, a child or a team member. We’ve popped some steps below to help you to book onto Satellites but if you get stuck, please check out our FAQs here. If you’re still stuck, drop us an email and one of the team will be able to help you out!
The ticket prices are in the table below, and are several of them are cheaper if you book earlier. There are a few different ticket types, so read on to make sure you know which ticket to book.
Creating a group (group leaders)
Each group coming to Satellites needs to be set up by a group leader. This group leader will be the main point of contact between the Satellites team and your youth group, and will be responsible for the members of your group on site.
To get your group started, you’ll need to:
1. Register an account on our booking system. You’ll need to give some basic details and then follow the instructions to verify your email address.
2. Head back to the booking page and create a group by selecting the ‘No, I want to create a new group’ option
3. The next step is to add any tickets you want to your booking. Click ‘Create ticket’ and then ‘Add new ticket’ for each new person. When you’re done with the tickets, click ‘Continue to choose your on-site contact’
4. You’ll then need to select the ticket for the person that you want to be your group leader on-site, and provide a phone number for them. Then click ‘Continue to choose your accommodation’
5. On the accommodation page, you’ll need to let us know how many tents and gazebos etc you’ll be bringing. You can also update this on your booking nearer the time!
6. You’ll also be asked for the name of your church or organisation – the search box will appear if you click on ‘I want to camp with my church’ but if it’s not already on our system, please select ‘I can’t find my church’ and make sure to be really clear with the details (incl postcode) so that we can help set that up for you.
7. Finally, the system will take you through to the billing pages – you can choose to either a deposit amount or the full ticket cost. If you select just a deposit, you’ll need to pay off the remaining balance before the deadline to keep your ticket and group on the system.
Once your payment has gone through, your group will be ready to go! You’ll just need to pass on the email address that you used to set up the group to the rest of your group so that we can link you all up and allocate you to the same camping area.
You can log back into your account and view your booking at any time. You'll be able to pay off outstanding balances, tweak the amount of accommodation you’re bringing to the event, add in additional items such as electric hook-ups and let us know of any specific accessibility requirements for your group. This will really help our team when allocating groups to camping villages.
As the group leader, you’ll be able to view everyone who has booked onto Satellites and joined your group. Head to My account, then click on the Events tab and then the Groups I lead tab. As you scroll down, you’ll be able to see the bookings of everyone who has joined your group and whether they have paid for their ticket in full or not.
You’ll need to make sure you have enough over 18s booked onto your group. We require a minimum ratio of one adult to every 10 under 18s (and the booking system will prevent more under 18s booking on once that ratio is reached), but we would recommend having a higher ratio of adults – you will know your group better than us and how many leaders you need to support your group. This minimum ratio includes children as well as young people.
If you have any issues, please get in touch with our team.
Joining a group (everyone else)
If you’re joining a group, you’ll firstly need to make sure that your group leader has booked onto Satellites and has also given you the email address that they booked with as this is how we’ll link your bookings up!
Head to the booking page, register for an account and then click book now. As you scroll down, you’ll be asked if you want to join an existing group – select ‘Yes, I want to join an existing group' and then type in your group leader's email address into the box.
Then follow the steps to provide us with your details and pay for your ticket – either just the deposit amount or the full ticket cost. If you select to pay the deposit only, you’ll need to pay off the remaining balance before the deadline to keep your ticket.
You can add additional tickets, add accommodation and make remaining balance payments at a later date – just log into your account, click on My account and then Events.
There are different ticket brackets for under 12s depending on how old your child will be during the event. Babies under the age of 1 are free of charge, but please do still register them for the event so that we know who is on site. If a young person requires a carer to support them throughout the week, the carer’s ticket will be free of charge.
Team applications will open in the autumn so you won’t be able to book a team ticket just yet. Keep an eye on our social channels for more information on when team applications will launch, or sign up to our mailing list and we’ll send you an email when applications open.
Please get in touch with our team if you have any questions!