Youthscape’s Fundraising Forum is an exciting opportunity for anyone fundraising for a Christian organisation. It’s a chance to gather, share and learn from one another – and to be inspired and equipped by excellent guest speakers.
Fundraising is hard. It can be even more challenging when you bring faith into the equation. A lot of the time we as fundraisers are expected to fundraise with no training or experience. It can be isolating and we are often expected to cover all areas of fundraising on our own. We want to provide a space where we can share our challenges and how we have overcome them, encourage one another, and learn from the experts in this area.
Each month we will host an online event where there will be time to meet one another in small groups and then come back together to hear from a speaker who is an expert in their area of fundraising. There are no restrictions as to the type of organisation you are, the size, amount of income, number of staff etc. You just need to be fundraising for a Christian organisation.
The event will take place online, to ensure as many people can access this as possible. You will be sent a Zoom link once you have booked.
Join us on October 20th
The next fundraising forum will take place on October 20th, and our guest speaker will be Jenny Baker. Jenny will be speaking about her experience of crowdfunding that both herself & Jonny (her husband) have had for different projects.
Jenny Baker has worked in the charity sector for many years, most recently as Chief Operating Officer for Redthread. She has Masters degrees in Voluntary Sector Management and in Gender, Sexuality and Society. She is a published author and a slightly obsessed runner, cyclist and swimmer. She is a co-founder of Out of the Box Cards which was launched with a kickstarter, and co-owns some woodland in Sussex.
- Get to know other fundraisers in Christian organisations
- Be inspired to fundraise more effectively and creatively
- Learn about a particular area of fundraising from an expert in the field
- Have a space to share our struggles and challenges and find ways to overcome them
- Gain a greater understanding of fundraising within the Christian context
- 9.00 - Welcome and introduction to the concept of the Fundraising Forum
- 9.10 - Breakout rooms – time to connect and meet others
- 9.30 - Talk with Jenny Baker
- 10.00 - Q&A with Jenny Baker
- 10.20 - Return to breakout rooms to share the takeaways from the talk
- 10.30 - Finish