Escape Room fun...
Escape rooms are more popular than ever in the UK as way to have fun, solve puzzles and take part in an immersive experience. Now you can create your own escape room for young people!
Working together Youthscape and International Justice Mission have created a resource which is essentially everything you need as a youth worker needs to create a fully immersive escape room experience. We've created a something that pits teams against a series of fun puzzles and challenges across five different rooms. This is the full experience - props, music and darkened rooms! You'll need to find the right space (the church building or even a local school), and borrow some props and basic equipment. We've done all the hard work in putting the puzzles together to create the maximum fun for anyone aged 11 and over. You won’t regret it! After two years of development and testing, we’ve been able to put together an amazing experience that young people tell us beats any other escape room they’ve visited!
...With an important challenge
And there's a twist. The puzzles and theme are designed to introduce young people to the work of IJM across the world to end modern day slavery. Young people will learn about the issue through the different puzzles and be challenged to engage with this important issue.
What’s more, we’ll explain how you can turn The Freedom Challenge into an outreach event for the wider church, your local community or your youth group’s friends and peers. Plus, we’re including some ready-to-use follow-on sessions for your youth group to explore God’s heart for justice, the issue of modern-day slavery, and how young people can take practical action to make a difference.
How does it work?
The Freedom Challenge resource includes:
• A USB drive with over 2.7GB of materials - music, videos, downloads to print and full instructions to set up the rooms.
• A printed organiser's handbook - over 40 pages to take you step by step through planning and setting up your escape room.
• Five Freedom Challenge wristbands to give to winning teams - and you can buy extra from the YS store.
• A bag to keep the resources safe together
The organiser's guide will take you through each room in detail, explaining what props you'll need, how the challenges should be laid out and how to introduce it to teams. Everything used is either easy to borrow or cheap to buy. The USB drive has downloads of any materials for the walls and some of the puzzles. Plus there's copyright-free music for each room and advice about how to create the right atmosphere. The guide also explains how to take teams through the experience from start to finish.
The Freedom Challenge
The Freedom Challenge is an engaging escape room-style adventure for young people, exploring the urgent challenge to combat modern-day slavery across the world.
What's in the box?
- A USB drive with over 2.7GB of materials - music, videos, downloads to print and full instructions to set up the rooms.
- A printed organiser's handbook - over 40 pages to take you step by step through planning and setting up your escape room.
- Five Freedom Challenge wristbands to give to winning teams - and you can buy extra from the YS store.
- A Bag to keep the resources safe together
We'd also recommend...