That commitment means we want to play an active part in getting Luton closer to that goal. Many of our staff live and work in Luton, our children attend local schools and we are part of this richly diverse community.
Supporting the 5 priorities
The 2040 vision is built around five priorities, each of which contributes to achieving the overall vision for Luton.
- Building an inclusive economy that delivers investment to support the growth of businesses, jobs and incomes.
- Improving population wellbeing and tackling health inequalities to enable everyone to have a good quality of life and reach their full potential.
- Becoming a child friendly town, where our children grow up happy, healthy and secure, with a voice that matters and the opportunities they need to thrive.
- Tackling the climate emergency and becoming a net zero town with sustainable growth and a healthier environment.
- Supporting a strong and empowered community, built on fairness, local pride and a powerful voice for all our residents.
What we are doing
In November 2023 we signed up to the 2040 vision as an organisation and committed ourselves to taking practical steps towards helping achieve the 5 priorities. The Leadership Team is leading on this work and we plan to create a wider working group, including staff, volunteers and young people.
It's early days and we acknowledge we have lots to do. But we're proud to be a Luton charity and proud of our town's ambitions and values.
We'll be publishing more detailed information about what we're doing once the working group is set up and has begun its work.